Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I got a bearded dragon for my son 15 days ago. the BD is

Customer Question

I got a bearded dragon for my son 15 days ago. the BD is about two to three months old. The first week he did well in terms of behavior but it was not eating the amount of life crickets they say is normal. 12 days in he was unresponsive, I believed he was dead but all of the sodden he opened the eyes, I was supper worried ad read a great deal from bearded dragon. org changed some things and it seamed to help but he still eats 5 to 6 crickets a day and is not gaining weight. We live in Waco texas and there is no vet close that works with bearded dragons.
What can be the problem? poop looks nice and moist and I offer water with a dropper and he drinks some times and other he won't.
Help?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech fr 30+ years with special interest in Reptils and Reptile rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

UVB lights, linear tube or compact coil, strength, brand? Be specific.

Diet Veggies/Prey?

Supplements?

Temps in basking area, ambient and cool side?

Joan

Basking light?