Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My daughter just got a veiled chameleon a couple months ago.

Customer Question

my daughter just got a veiled chameleon a couple months ago. The last few days she has been hanging out at the bottom of her pen. acting real sluggish. my daughter said this morning she was just sitting there staring straight ahead
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the chameleon. What is the chameleon's name?
Customer: Liza
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Liza?
Customer: Not that i can think of, never had one before
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear your daughter's chameleon is having some problems. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for her to take.

What temperatures are maintained under the basking light and on the cool side of the cage?

What brand of UVB light does she have?

What is being fed? Any supplements?

What is the humidity level?

How is the chameleon's appetite?

Thank you.

Anna