Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

He just been shedding and has been keeping one eye closed

Customer Question
today? JA: I'm sorry to hear...
He just been shedding and has been keeping one eye closed today?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the reptile's name and age?
Customer: I dont know the age. He's still a baby dragon. His name is rengo.
JA: How old is rengo?
Customer: I dont know. Its too early to tell I have been told
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about rengo?
Customer: No, that's it. Other than that he eats fine and go to the bathroom with no problem. There's one basking light on one end of the cage and a uv light at the other end of the cage
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Reptile
8/14/2016
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age and brand? Please be specific.

Basking light?

Temps in Basking area, ambient temps and cool side?

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Supplements and How often?

Are stools Normal?

State to locate a Herp Vet if needed.

Joan

Please be specific with diet and lighting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The uvb is 150 and the basking light is 150
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He eats and goes to the bathroom normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He eats veggies. Greens, carrots, cucumber and some berries

Is the UVB a mercury vapor bulb? They are normally rate 2.0, 5.0, 8.0 or 10.0 unless a Mercury vapor bulb.

What type of greens?

Supplements and how often are they given?

Substrate in bottom of tank?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

No to supplements?

I really need to get the specific answers to best assist you. Many husbandry and diet issues can cause problems in Dragons, so I need to know specific answers to the questions I originally asked.

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist