Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My 3 ft alligator has a black that is growing in size on his…

Customer Question
My 3 ft alligator has...
My 3 ft alligator has a black mark that is growing in size on his toothline in his inner jaw. One month ago it was approx 3mm and now it about 10 mm.
I am very concerned!
Any advice?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Reptile
8/8/2016
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Is the growth rough and bumpy almost looking like a cauliflower like growth?

Is it soft or hard?

How are the condition of his teeth, any problem with eating?

Joan