Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

Reptile

My daughter's bearded dragon's eye is. At first the eye was

Customer Question
Hi, my daughter's bearded dragon's...
Hi, my daughter's bearded dragon's eye is white. At first the eye was crusted and we heard that it could be a vitamin A deficiency, so we've been feeding it vegetables that are high in Vit A. Now the eye is just white - kind of like a cataract. She is only about a year old.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dragon's eye's name?
Customer: I don't understand the question. The dragon's name is Zookie.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zookie?
Customer: Had outgrown her aquarium, and we recently moved her to a much larger one. The problem started before the move.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Reptile
7/23/2016
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 1 year ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Cam you tell me about the set up?

Substrate?

UVB light, age of bulb, strength, Linear tube r compact coil and brand?

Basking light?

Diet Prey/Veggies?

Supplements?

Can you post a Picture of the eye?

State to locate a Herp Vet?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its the set up you buy all together with two day lights and a black light for night. I don't know anything else about that. She usually has crickets, freeze-dried worms, and the like with the calcium powder. We are in NY

I need to know if you have a UVB bulb and the age as well if it the long tube or a coil bulb.

Can you post a Picture of the eye?

Joan

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist