Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

Listen, last night Chubs leaked a couple drops of liquid

Customer Question

Hi again! Listen, last night Chubs leaked a couple drops of liquid poop on my leg, then pooped liquidy stool into my hand. But the real problem was that with it cam at least a full teaspoon of straight liquid. I passed him to my husband while I cleaned up. My huband had to clean clean his arm bc drops of liquid poop dripped onto his arm too.
That's a prarsite, right? I need to get him to a vet don't I, bc that's not something I can help him with.
Both lizards skins have been a little loose for the last couple weeks. Lizzys longer than Chubs. I figured it was bc I had just learned I was feeding them too much and they were adjusting to getting less prey. But now I am a little more alarmed.
Btw, I didn't know how to continue on the last thread?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Lizzy and Chubs are having a problem. I was unable to find your previous question, but I can help you with this without seeing it.

The symptoms you are seeing definitely call for a vet visit as soon as possible. The liquid poop can mean parasites or an intestinal infection. Either one needs a vet's help. Loose skin would have nothing to do with how much you deed them. If there are wrinkles and folds in the skin, that is often a sign of dehydration. If the skin is gray and dry, and just hanging there, that means there is a problem with shedding. Again, a vet's help is needed. The sooner you can get an appointment, the better. Pooping liquid can quickly become life threatening.

This link will take you to a directory of reptile vets:

http://www.anapsid.org/vets/index.html#vetlist

If you prefer, give me your zip code, and I'll find the nearest vet for you. If you have more questions, or need help finding a vet, just let me know. I hope Lizzy and Chubs will be fine.

Anna

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean a problem wth shedding? What kind of problem? I have actually wondered bout Lizzy bc it's been going on forever and seems to be struggling with it but I didn't know that was a thing. I've been helping her as much as I can, but nothing I do seems to help.
I have a great vet, thank you.
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay - someone closed your question, and I was unable to respond. A moderator just reopened it.A shedding problem is when the skin prepares to shed, turning gray or white and loosening, but doesn't cone off like it should. When that happens it often means there is an underlying health condition. If they have parasites, that could be responsible.I'm glad to hear you have a great vet. They should be able to help you with all the symptoms.Anna