Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

What is a compatible tortoise to share living space with a…

Customer Question
What is a compatible tortoise...
What is a compatible tortoise to share living space with a three toed box turtle?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Reptile
6/14/2016
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special ineterst in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

The only type of turtle I would recommend would be another box turtle. There are several different types to choose from. We do not suggest crossing species due to parasite and infections that can be spread. I do suggest using a Tortoise Table and being sure the two are comparable. Two males will be territorial and fight. Make sure to isolate the new turtle at least 30 days to be sure there is no medical issues.

Joan