Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I accidently dropped something on my beardies foot. It

Customer Question
I accidently dropped something...

I accidently dropped something on my beardies foot. It affected 3 toes. It did bleed .one of his toes looks almost cut off. What can I do? Will he be ok. He is only 4 months old but good and healthy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Bearded dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dragon's name?

Ziggy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Huh?

His name is ***** ***** citrus beardie.with a great appetite

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Reptile
Can't find the refundable info.
How are you going to send the refundable info? Also my email is: ******@***.***. thanks,Lisa
Still haven't got a reply about my bearded dragon yet
3/8/2016
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.

Can you Please post a Picture of the affected foot, so I can get a Visual on it? I will be happy to assist you.

Joan

Wondering if I should get it amputated

Thank-you I just viewed the toes and foot. The toe may be able to be saved. I suggest bahting the food in a Betadine and warm water solution. Once that is done and it is cleaned, apply Neosporin to the foot. This will help prevent infection and aid with healing. If the toe gets black, then at that point the Herp Vet will have to amputate the toe. I can tell you they function very well and adapt if they do loose a toe or foot. I do apologize that you had to wait. As soon as I came online I answered. If you need a Herp Vet please let me know and supply a State and I can locate some for you.

Joan

Ok I will try that.thanks!

I hope that will help. I do no see a lot of swelling which is a good thing. If I have addressed your concerns, please take amoment to rate my services 5 Stars. and Please let me know how the Dragon is doing.

Joan