Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

She is a year old ball python and was at a friends house

Customer Question

She is a year old ball python and was at a friends house while we were away. Their house she is in is very warm in the 80's and she does not move when touched and when picked up she is very flaccid and she smells. Just don't know allot about snakes and I believe she is dead but just wanted to make sure.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the snake. What is the snake's name?
Customer: Sunshine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the snake?
Customer: Nope that is all. She was in great health, eating well. So like said believe dead since no tone to her anymore.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear that Sunshine is in this condition. From what you have described, she has very likely died. There is one last thing you can try. Prepare a shallow bath for her. Soak her for about 20 minutes, holding her nostrils out of the water. If nothing changes and there are no signs of life, you can be sure she is gone. I strongly suspect that is the case. If you have more questions, let me know in a reply. I'm sorry not to have better news for you. Anna