Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

My bark anole is sick... She's still a baby; she's only

Customer Question
several months old. She still...
My bark anole is sick... She's still a baby; she's only several months old. She still shares a tank with her mother. Today, I found her on her back... I took her out of her cage and noticed she is remaining a very dark brown color; indicating severe stress. It's almost like she is going in and out of seizures. She freezes up and takes very shallow breaths. I don't know what to do! Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Reptile
2/7/2016
Reptile Expert: Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist replied 2 years ago
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of Little One's problem. Some additional information will help us figure out what steps to take.

What brand and size of UVB light do you have? How old is the bulb? For how many hours is it on each day?

Do you give a calcium supplement? If yes, does it have vitamin D3 in it?

What temperatures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure?

Thank you.

Anna

Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist