Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

My western hognose has stopped eating it hasn't eaten 3

Customer Question

My western hognose has stopped eating it hasn't eaten for about 3 weeks it's in a glass tank would covering the sides of it help
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I appreciate logins for the delay. Different experts come online at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. Some additional information will be useful. What temperature do you maintain in the enclosure? Has your snake passed any droppings since the last time you fed him? Check the skin on his neck. Is it wrinkled or puckered? Was his last shed easy? What do you feed him? Thank you.