Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My daughters chameleon has a broken neck. He is still trying

Customer Question

My daughters chameleon has a broken neck. He is still trying to walk around...is there anything we can do for him?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Why do you feel his neck is broken?

What happened to him?

Do you have a Herp Vet and has he been seen?

Can you post a Picture of him currently?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we do not have a herp vet...my 3 year old nephew was playing with him. I think the chameleon was on his back and he leaned back on him. Now the chemeleon's head is turned around...he can't seem to straighten it
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you for the Picture. This will require a Herp Vet to treat him. I do not think it is broken, but sprained. Right now, I would remove all perches and keep him low so there are no falls. Hand feed and make sure to mist him so he can drink. The Herp Vet can give some Pain medication and treat the neck accordingly. If it is a sprain or dislocation, they may be able to get it realigned in place. Right now it will need to be specially cared for until Monday when he can be seen. Please supply a State and we can locate some Herp vets for you. May even fnd one with weekend hours. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 Stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

How is the Chameleon doing today? Did you need me to locate a Herp Vet, if so please supply a State.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Shifty. How is everything going?
Joan