How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joan Your Own Question
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Category: Reptile
Satisfied Customers: 18367
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285
Type Your Reptile Question Here...
Joan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend has a bearded dragon who just ate Nephthytis. What

Customer Question

My friend has a bearded dragon who just ate Nephthytis. What should she do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Hello,

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in reptiles and reptile rescue. The Arrowhead vine is toxic, but looking there is no documentation on symptoms or amount of toxicity. When something like this happens I suggest seeing a Vet immediately. Since there is no documentation on severity of toxicity the vet will treat with a Charcoal lavage to neutralize the poison. There is no at home treatment, since we cannot induce vomiting as we do in Mammals. If you need an ER Vet please supply City and State if in US or Country to locate some.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Hello,

I wanted to check back in on your Dragon to see how it is doing? Please let me know.

Joan