Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

Can I treat my anole lizzard at home abscess/bump myself

Customer Question

Can I treat my green anole lizzard at home for an abscess/bump myself behind his ear?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Reptiles and reptile Rescue.

If the aural abscess is open you can take a q-tip with some Betadine that is diluted with water to a tea color and clean the open abscess. This is a disinfectant and will not damage the tissues. allow it to dry and then apply the Neoposrin to the abscess. This should allow the abscess to heal from the inside out. If it is sealed, then please use warm salt compresses to open the abscess. Once open follow the instructions above to treat the abscess.

Please let me know if I have addressed your concerns. If I have please rate my service positive. If I have not please hit reply for further help.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Karen Stevenson,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.

How is the Anole doing? Were you able to treat the abscess successfully? Please let me know how things are going.

Joan