Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  35+ years experience as veterinary tech and 40+ years experience doing reptile rescues.
5071285

My very corn snake crawled into an envelope on the counter

Customer Question

Hi, my very young corn snake crawled into an envelope on the counter and got stuck to some self-adhesive. Is it safe to dilute some acetone with some water and soak the end of his tail in it?
Category: Reptile
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and reptile rescue.

Please do not use acetone at all near the snake. It will burn the snake. You can use plain old Mayonnaise to get the snake unstuck. Slather the area stuck in some Mayo and allow it to soak in. It will help loosen the glue. You can then work the envelope off.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Checking in this afternoon to see how the snake was doing. Please let me know if the Mayonnaise seemed to loosen the glue. Please let me know how things are going.