Reptile

Have Reptile Veterinary Questions? Ask a Reptile Expert.

I have a red ear slider turtle and his ( i believe is a male) have been swollen da…

Customer Question
I have a red ear...
I have a red ear slider turtle and his ( i believe is a male) have been swollen for two days. He can't see. I did a thorough cleaning of his tank and i have not seen the swelling go down. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Reptile
6/23/2015
Reptile Expert: Joan, Veterinary Technician replied 2 years ago
Joan
Joan, Veterinary Technician
Hello,Thank-you for requesting me. I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptiles and Reptile rescue.Can you tell me about the set up?Diet?Supplements?UVB light, linear tube or compact coil, strength, age of bulb and brand?Is it just the eyes that are swollen?Joan
Anna
Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist