Anna
Anna, Reptile Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned turtles, snakes, amphibians, and lizards. Study and provide habitat for wild herps.
6012901

I have 10 painted turtles in a 55 gallon tank. Yesterday

Customer Question

Hi I have 10 painted turtles in a 55 gallon tank. Yesterday I did a complete water change. I did not use any chemicals and I put a conditioner in the water. I have done this for years. While I was doing this I put them in a plastic dry pool to sun. I got a little hot so I moved them to the shade. They were all fine. I filtered the water for 1hour temperature was at there usual temp. When I got up today my 4yr old turtles were dead
Category: Reptile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought they were dead but I put them on a heating pad with low heat and one of them is starting to move a little and has opened his eyes
Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with Special interst i Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.
How are the turtles doing now?
Diet?
Supplements?
UVB,age of bulb, linear tube or compact coil, strength?
Filtration?
Joan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is a unacceptable response .you have given me no help what so ever and nothing in a timely matter. I ask for help at 7pm this morning. This site is useless

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
I needed information to assist you properly. The Experts come on at different times and I requested the information as soon as I came on at 10:22 am and you responded 11 hours later. I will opt out and see if someone else can assist you.