I just hatched a clutch of bearded dragon half turned out with humps on there back and have curled tail ..what can

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I just hatched a clutch of bearded dragon half turned out with humps on there back and have curled tail ..what can course this
Answered by Jav917 in 9 mins 8 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

I will be happy to assist you. I am having a computer issue and will need to get with you in 45 mins if thst is ok. If now I can open for another Expert. Joan
Customer

Can you send me to someone else thank you

I apologize for the delay. Different experts come online at different times. I just logged on and saw that Joan is having issues and couldn't help you. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in reptiles and genetics.
I'm sorry not to have good news for you, but I believe you deserve honesty. Your babies have birth defects. This may be inherited, but these things can also happen when conditions aren't quite right in the incubator. There isn't anything you can do to fix the problem. If these babies are able to move around and eat well, you may be able to place them in pet homes. As they grow, there is a possibility the deformities will improve somewhat, but conversely, they could also become worse. There's no way to know. If they seem to doing all right, you can wait and see how it goes. If they are already having trouble with movement and eating, the humane thing to do may be to have a vet end their suffering. If you are certain conditions in the incubator were ideal, meaning this condition would be genetic, it would be best not to breed either of the parents again.
Again, I'm sorry not to have good news. If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I hope that whatever you decide to do, it will work out well.
Anna
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.