I think my turtle is sick, he still eats, but is very lazy, sleeps all day in plants or basks on the dock, and its shell

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: i think my turtle is sick, he still eats, but is very lazy, sleeps all day in plants or basks on the dock, and its shell is a bit bendy, his lamp is 10.0 UV over dock, and light is 5.0 UV on tank and always has calcium blocks, and he kinda floats a little bit, i dont know whats wrong
Answered by Jav917 in 5 mins 10 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

What type of turtle do you have?

What type of diet are you feeding?

Do you have filtration?

Is there any bubbles from the nose or mouth?

Can the turtle dive down and swim?

Joan

Customer
its a murray river short neck,
and it gets blood worms and spinache mix from the aquarium, and yes plenty of filtration had water tested and its fine, and yes he can dive down and swim and no bubbles that i have noticed

There may not be anything wrong with your turtle. Short Neck turtles are avid baskers and in generally love to hang out on a basking platform. If he is able to swim, dive, no bubbles, passing stool and everything is normal with eating, I would continue to just monitor the turtle for any turtle issues. This is a care sheet that goes over the Short Neck Turtles: http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/cs-redside.htm

Joan

Read less
unlike
4 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.