Just got a new uromastyx approx 1 yr old. We are thinking it is a girl but were not told for certain when we bought her.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Just got a new uromastyx approx 1 yr old. We are thinking it is a girl but were not told for certain when we bought her. We have had her about 2 weeks. She was acting normal and eating and having regular bowel movements. Yesterday my husband forgot to turn her lights on when he left for work in the morning (i was already gone) so she was basically in the dark with no sufficiant heat source for almost 24 hrs. We turned the light on and her heat lamps when we got home but she never came out of her cave. I left them on for about 4 hrs and she still didn't come out so I turned everything off not to get her days and nights mixed up. Now having everything turned back on and her heat up to temp she still hasn't come out and hasn't eaten. It's almost been 2 days she\s been in there. Her temps drop to mis 70's at night and during the day she has a basking point of about 110 and the rest of the tank at 90. I know she still alive because i have touched her and she has moved but i am getting worried about her?
Answered by Jav917 in 55 mins 11 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Can you tell me about the set up?

UVB strength? Coil or tube?

How long do you leave the lights on?

Type of substrate?

Joan

Customer

Looks like I worried a little too early, she's out and eating resuming her normal behaviour!

If you can answer the questions I asked there may be some information I can supply to assist you with the Uro. since you are new to them. We see a lot of poor husbandry information that caomes from Pet shops that sell Reptiles. joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.