We have a crested gecko that is about 18 mths old. She has been eating this meal that we were sold when we bought her.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: We have a crested gecko that is about 18 mths old. She has been eating this meal that we were sold when we bought her. We mix it with water and it is thick substance that is specifically for crested geckos. When I spoke with our local pet store owner, he was surprised that we were not told to feed her crickets.

When we got her they told use to feed her this food and give her water and to change it every two days. In addition, they said she did not need a heat lamp and we needed to mist her each day.

She seems to be growing and her color is good. Does she need crickets and if so, how many?
Answered by Jav917 in 11 mins 11 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Crickets or any insects are basically a treat for Cresties. I would prefer to use silk worms or roaches. We normally keep the Cresties on a crested gecko diet by Repashy, calcium and a fruit baby food. Most pet shops do not know proper care and give wrong information on these animals. This is a good caresheet that shows bith diests of Repashy foods and if you mix prey. http://www.pangeareptile.com/id52.htm Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.