How soon after laying eggs will a Water Dragon female be able to lay more eggs? Is it possible to over breed by keeping

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: How soon after laying eggs will a Green Water Dragon female be able to lay more eggs? Is it possible to over breed by keeping a male and female together all the time?
Answered by Jav917 in 59 mins 12 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

The female can lay again within 3 weeks of the last clutch. It is unwise to keep a male in with a female, as they can over breed. It is very hard on the female when breeding as they can lay multiple clutches off one breeding. I never keep a male and femal houses together unless it is for one breeding and then they are separated. The egg laying is very hard on the female and can shorten the life span, the chance of egg binding and depletion of calcium in the body. If she has laid make sure she gets a nice long soak in 1/2 warm water and 1/2 plain pedialyte and increase calcium intake. feed all she wants as soon as she is ready to eat. If bred and the eggs are fertile, make sure you have your incubator ready. Joan

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/breeding.htm

Customer
Thanks Joan!

Always good to see you! Good luck with the Water Dragons and have a wonderful day!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.