Not sure you got my email since I needed to update my password need help with a crested gecko which I got a few days ago

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Not sure you got my email since I needed to update my password XXXXX help with a crested gecko which I got a few days ago he is about a year or less seems very sweet but does not seem to eat much I am hand feeding him the crested gtecko food plus some baby food fruits since that is what he got before I took him still not a good eater plus he did not want the crickets I got him. After I got him he did shed his skin right away so I was told that could have something to do with not eating plus the change in houses not just mine but his he had no heat lamp or alot of ferns to hide in now he feels like a king at least I hope so. Please give me any advice you can I really would appreciate it, by the way his name is Stanley Thank you Marie
Answered by Jav917 in 2 mins 13 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Can you tell me about your set up?

Temps?

Humidity?

Substrate?

Joan

Customer
Thank you so much for getting back to me the temps are right where they should be for day and night the humindity is over 50 when I sray him and his house, he is in a 20gal tank the trees are not real but he loves them. Stanley has a heat light and rock does not go on the rock and a little wooden hideout not interested right now in that, but my question is he does not eat I hand feed him but even then he doesnt eat much. I fix him the crested gecko diet, calcium, and baby food fruits. His first owner just gave him fruits and calcium but I have the full diet he is not interested I force him to lick some,no interest in crickets had him now almost a week and a half. Stanley seems happy, healthy, and is very sweet but my concern is the not eating. Hope you can help me and Stanley, thank you Marie

The humidity should be about 80% for crested geckos. The temps should not go over the high seventies as they like their habitats very cool and moist. Stanley may be getting ready for a shed, may have a parasite issue,may have a blockage due to ingesting substrate or there may be an issue with temperatures or conditions not optimum. All these can factor in to the eating. When you mist him you can try adding some pedialyte to the water 50%/50%. This can help with dehydration. Get the humidity up in the tank,make sure the temps are correct. If none of this works, then you may have to have him in to the Herp Vet for a physical and a fecal check. Stress can cause a parasite bloom.Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.