I kept my bearded dragon eggs to wet now the bottom of them are water logged and translucent anything i can do?

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I kept my bearded dragon eggs to wet now the bottom of them are water loged and translucent anything i can do?
Answered by Jav917 in 8 hours 13 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

If the eggs are water logged, unfortunately it may be to late to do anything. We can try some new vermiculite mixture. Careful moving the eggs as if you turn them the eggs can drown. use less water and replace them in the incubator. If they start to fungus or dent you may have to either dispose of them or add a cup of water into the incubator to add some humidity. Be prepared for the next clutch as they lay about three weeks apart. Make sure your female is getting a good diet and plenty of claicum. Joan

Customer

I have only recived one clutch from all my dragons I don't know why none of them are laying more then one clutch I feed them extreamly well and have them with 12 hours of light and high heat is there something else I should try or should I put them into cool down and try again in six weeks. Also I am having a lot of trouble getting my males to fertilise the females they just pin them down but never rap the tail and penatrate please help your last answere was very helpfull.

May sure you keeping the Dragons apart until ready to breed.A cool down may be an idea since you are having some problems. I am going to give you a link called Breeding Dragons 101. I was one of the autors of this piece along with some other Bearded Dragon breeders. This should give you some helpful ideas. Joan

http://repticzone.com/articles/beardeddragonbreeding101hrtmtn.html

Customer
thank you

I hope the information helps you to have some wonderful clutches of eggs. Feel free to let me know if I can assist you further. Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.