My bearded dragon just layed her first clutch of eggs and they look good as i seen some pics but i was just wondering

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: hey there my bearded dragon just layed her first clutch of eggs and they look good as i seen some pics but i was just wondering why they some of them look dimpled i have candled 2 of them and I seen red lines throw the egg is this good and will the eggs go full term?
Answered by Jav917 in 2 mins 13 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

Do you have the incubator ready?

Do have you made any preparations for the eggs?

Was this a planned breeding?

Joan

Customer
yes i have everything ready and goin but i just got the bearded dragons about 3 weeks ago from someone and she told me that they mated so yes i have a incubator and every thing else to go with it

Once of the biggest mistakes new breeders make is when removing the eggs. They cannot be turned and need to be marked, so when placed in the moistened Vermiculite they are placed the way they are laid. If they get turned the embryos can drown. Another common mistake is not regulating the temps and humidity. The dents you are seeing should come out once the eggs are in the incubator with the heat and moisture. I will give you a link that I contributed to. It is called breeding Dragons 101. It should help with the eggs. You will want to give your female a good soak and extra calcium. Be prepared in about three weeks for the next clutch. Joan

http://repticzone.com/articles/beardeddragonbreeding101hrtmtn.html

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.