RES Eggs days - Have a clutch of 10 eggs incubating in vermiculite. August 2 so they are at days. All show movement when

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: RES Eggs 69 days - Have a clutch of 10 eggs incubating in vermiculite. Laid August 2 so they are at 69 days. All show movement when candled- are half buried- kept at 80 degrees and 80-85% humidity. No direct water on eggs. No fungus, discoloration or odor. Noticed tonight one egg now denting from the bottom. Candled and still has movement.Looks very crowded in there now Any ideas? No changes in the incubator. Does this ever happen prior to hatching this far along in the game? Thanks for any advice!
oranda
Answered by Jav917 in 7 mins 14 years ago
imglogo
Jav917
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Reptile Veterinary, Herp Veterinary, Exotic Animal Medicine, Amphibian Veterinary

The denting and sweating will indicate you should see hatching within the next 12 -24 hours. This is common in all reptiles. Do as little movement as possible since they seem on schedule for a hatch. Make sure to have your containers ready for some Res babies. If they seem to have problems getting out of the shell as tempting as it seems, do not assist them. Joan

Customer
Thank you! I have an intermediate set up which will be damp paper towels until the yolk sacks are absorbed. Then a 55 gallon rubbermaid long tub with heater, uvb light, filter, basking area and hide area. Would love to show you pics of my gals. Thank you for the prompt answer Joan!

Would love to see the pictures. You can upload a picture using the tree icon in the tool bar. It is nice to see someone know the proper care and as prepared as you are. Joan

Customer
spending quality time with Maude
Customer
nest excavating

Great Pictures and both the ladies are lovely in the pictures. Joan

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Jav917
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Jav917
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.