How much will this cost? 3 days his eyes are close and one swollen outward. Licking his leg a lot. Tiny 10

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: How much will this cost ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: 3 days his eyes are close and one swollen outward
JA: Have you noticed the dog licking at the swelling?
Customer: licking his leg a lot
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tiny 10
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Answered by Rhett Burch in 7 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Rhett Burch
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Customer
Hello

Hello! I am sorry Tiny  is having problems. My name is***** I am a licensed veterinarian with Just Answer. Thank you for visiting the site. I hope to be of great help to you. Please give me 10 minutes to consider your pet’s case and respond.

What have you tried so far? Is your pet taking any medications? How long has this been going on? Does your pet have any preexisting medical conditions?

Could you send a picture of your pet’s problem? Take a picture with your phone/tablet. You can try texting it to me. Press the camera or paperclip symbol by the chatbox where you type. Or press the “Add Files” button. Then select your photo(s).

Customer
No medicine tried eye wash
Customer
Trying to send picture

It could be due to trauma, an infection, or allergies. Go to a vet if you can. If you can't go to the vet, call your local pet store whenever they open and ask if they have any antibiotic eye ointment such as Terramycin (You may be able to order it online if you press the link I attached). Alternatively, your local pet store may have other medicated eye drops.

https://www.1800petmeds.com/Terramycin+Ophthalmic+Ointment-prod10190.html

https://www.petsmart.com/dog/dental-care-and-wellness/treatments/microcynah-opthalmic-pet-gel-5266152.html

Apply it to the eye once every 12 hours for 2 weeks. You could also try flushing the eye with human eye wash once every few hours. For pain, you can try gently holding a warm compress over the eye for a few minutes. Do not apply much pressure. Put a cone on your pet from your local pet store to keep your pet from scratching the eye. That's about all you can do at home. Do you have any questions about what I said?

You can also try 1mg of Benadryl per pound of body weight once every 12 hours. Also, you can try giving your pet a Dog Aspirin for pain. You can get it from your local pet store. Don't give it longer than 3 days though. Call your local pet store to see if they have some. You can give your dog people aspirin but you need to give it with Pepcid to protect the stomach. Do not give aspirin if your dog has a history of liver or kidney problems or is taking steroids or other NSAIDs from your vet. Aspirin can cause stomach ulcers in a few cases. Usually, if it is given for only a day or two it is fine though. You could also try homeopathic products, something like hemp or cbd oil for dogs. They don’t work in every case though.

Customer
Better one
Customer
It’s an allergy

Ok try the things I said then.

Customer
I was asking you is that’s what it is ?

Like I said, it could be severe alergies or an infection or an eye injury.

Thanks again. Let me know if you think of any more questions or need more help with your pet’s case.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Rhett Burch
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Rhett Burch
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.