What is the going rate for dog sitting in my local area 06820? For drop in during the day? For an overnight stay?

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: What is the going rate for dog sitting in my local area 06820 ?
For drop in during the day ? For an overnight stay ?
Answered by Sally G. in 1 hour 1 year ago
imglogo
Sally G.
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. Please know that without doing an in person evaluation I can only base my opinion on the information you give.

I am reviewing your question now and it make take me a few minutes to type up your answer or ask any questions I may have.

Much depends on the experience a person has had. You can find a young person to do drop ins for 30 dollars a day or more experienced people will do 50 to 75 a day.

I would look on Thumbtack.com or Rover.com and see comparisons.

It also depends on how far they have to travel to get to you. I do drop ins fours times a day and for people within a mile I will only charge 20.00 a day. If I have to travel a few miles I may up it to 35. If the dog is coming to me to stay I only charge 20 to 25 a day. So there are many variations .

I know some people charge 15 dollars for 15 minutes.

Customer
Thank you. Where are you located ? I am trying to get a sense of geographical price variations too.
Customer
Thank you Sally. I have polled some friends on overnight stays in my area. FYI . The low is $80 for an overnight stay , and the high is $150. I have mostly paid $100 for an overnight stay in my home. I’ve never boarded my dog. I am switching dog sitters so I am trying to get an “update” on rates. . I need someone to do a drop in / let the dog out One time stop during the day , and trying to figure out a fair rate. Thank yo. U

That is a lot of money, and I would for sure make sure you have a ring video in your home to make sure your dogs are getting a certain amount of care.

Customer
Thanks. I intend to. My area is expensive in every service. I used to have a dog sitter who came for about $80 ( some years ago) and “asked” that I fix the cable in my guest room so she could watch in the evening ! Needless to say, I don’t use her any more

Wow , that is bold.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Sally G.
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Sally G.
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.