Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog died Wednesday night.she was 15.we walked around the…

My dog died Wednesday night.she...
My dog died Wednesday night.she was 15.we walked around the day before and where we were staying had stairs.she had a seizure st 11...started freaking within a half hour so we took her to nearest vet.we were on vacation.we didn't stay because it seemed to upset her and we wanted the best for her.we thought she needed to be hydrated and pick her up the next day.the vet called and said her temp was high and they brought it down low but trying to stabilize.we figured they knew what they were doing.around 11 pm they called for us to come.as soon as she saw we were there..she died.my heart is broken.what happened..what did we do wrong?
5/26/2018
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry for your loss. I want to say first and foremost you did nothing wrong. Over my years in this field I have seen this happen. Your dog was ill and you initiated the care immediately. The Vets did their best to stabilize her. THe age and underlying factors were resoinsible for her death. She hung on to see you and say good bye. She could have passed sooner, but waited to see you and know you would be ok. I have seen this in my own home with my older German sheapard. She was very ill and was taken to my Vet and being treated, and my son was away. She was bonded with my son. We called him to come to the office and let him know she was there and he came in and she quietly passed in his arms.

You gave your girl the best life possible and emergency care, and she waited for you to say good bye. I know the loos is looing a furry child and never easy, I believe she is at the Rainbow Bridge.

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Please do not blame yourself. She knows you loved her and she had a good life. I would be happy to sit and chat with you more if you need or want to talk. My heart goes out to you as a Pet parent who has been through this as we;; as being in the Vet Med field.

Please dp not hesitate to respond for chat or questions for me. My goal is to give you excellent service and earn a 5 star rating, but above tat put your heart and mind at ease.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Thank you..it helps..i just wanted to know what happened and should I have done anything different. I was sad but happy that she chose us to be there.it will forever be in my heart.

She will always be with you. Like our dog and our son. We were at the clinic with her and told her it was ok and we would be ok, but it was not until my son was there and her pack was together was she able to let go. She needed to have you there.

Please accept my sincerest condolences/

Joan