Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I think my dog might have a bacterial skin infection, but…

I think my dog...

I think my dog might have a bacterial skin infection, but she doesn’t have of the symptoms associated with them

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is approximately 3yo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruble?

She’s a Pitt bull so her fur is short and sparse in the areas I’m seeing infection signs

5/24/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures or video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The dark patch in the center is a rough section that popped up with the pimple looking things. She has two more of those on her side and leg that cropped up with the pimples but they don’t have any surrounding them.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
She doesn’t have any allergies that we are aware of but we live in a very hot humid climate and the weather has been turning towards summer

This looks like a typical skin infection to me and she would likely benefit from antibiotics prescribed by your vet. Since you do live in a humid climate it may also help to dust these areas with baby powder daily so that her skin is less likely to be moist and irritated by movement. Keep her from licking these areas if you do apply baby powder and consider using mild soap and water over the area 1-2x weekly along with 1-2x monthly bathing in a mild shampoo. You can also use a layer of regular Neosporin over the area daily but be sure she does not groom it off of the area as it could cause nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions, let me know if I can help you further. Please be aware that we work on the HONOR SYSTEM on this website. Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top-notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse