Dogs urine smells like skunk. Bentley he is 7. He has always been a frequent with urination

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Dogs urine smells like skunk
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bentley he is 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bentley?
Customer: He has always been a frequent with urination
Answered by Dr. Gabby in 19 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Gabby
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

I​s he neutered? How often does he urinate? Has his urine always had the skunk odor or is that new?

Customer
he is neutered. He goes about every 3 hours on average but he can hold it longer at times. The strong skunk smell is new, very pungent odor.

T​hank you, that is a pretty bad odor. It sounds like he most likely has a bacterial urinary tract infection. The bacteria cause the bad odor. A vet will have to check a urine sample and then prescribe antibiotics. It sounds like he is stable. As long as there is not blood in the urine, he is eating and not vomiting, he can wait until tomorrow to see the vet.

Customer
Ok, thank you so much for your help. I will make an appt to bring him to the vet tomm. Thanks again!

Y​ou are very welcome : )

Read less
unlike
1 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Gabby
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Gabby
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.