Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 4.5 year old golden that has been exposed to mold…

Customer Question
I have a 4.5...

I have a 4.5 year old golden that has been exposed to mold and we did an allergy testing that showed she was allergic to 3 of the main types of mold found. She has since been through intense immunotherapy and that was a nightmare. Anyways, currently she's on Amoxicillin and took Prednisone for 3 days and also age takes Benadryl , but is covered in scaly and green pustules that turn into red scabs. She is eating and drinking fine and seems ok, but definitely not very active lately. We have now been moved away from the mold for 3 days and she seems to be getting worse. She's also getting a shot of something that starts with a C for some clinical trial to help with allergies that she will her every 4 weeks. I think it starts with a C, but we are told it helps with these sores and allergies. Lastly, she is getting a medicated bath with antifungal shampoo prescribed to us 3x a week. She's a golden retriever, but we keep her trimmed like a lab, but a bit less fur, so we can see how the skin is looking. Well the pustules seem to move all over and heal in one spot and pop up in a completely different area. Well tonight a new symptom of a distended tummy and her breathing seems heavy with gurgling noises in her tummy. She woke me up and isn't wanting me to let go of her paw. She is miserable, but has been poked and messed with soo much that I just want her out of pain and to not continue putting her through soo much. She has such a compromised immune system that the vet can't even give the normal yearly vaccinations. Not to mention her thyroid is now out of whack and she weighs 93lbs. I am soo heartbroken. I believe the vets have all tried what they k

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

*know and they just keep trying other stuff. My baby is worn out and I am heartbroken . I really feel she needs to be put down because this is no quality of life. Soo sad

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Dogs name is Maggie

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog
4/2/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.