Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is 10 1/2. She has skin issues. I've tried cutting…

Customer Question
My dog is 10...

My dog is 10 1/2. She has skin issues. I've tried cutting her nails, but even cutting a tiny sliver bleeds a little. She's not eating as much and has lost weight. I think she has arthritis and likely has hip issues. She's a large dog, so I can't pick her up. Baths? Not indoors since I can't get her in the tub. It's still too cool to do that outside.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Indy is her official name, but we call her Skittles.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Skittles?

She's missing fur in places, like something was chewing on her. I'm not sure if she did that or what happened.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Skittles is having problems. How long has she had skin issues? Is she on flea prevention?