Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

To the vet. Re do seizures. I have a poodle/ terrier mix…

To the vet. Re do...
To the vet. Re do seizures. I have a poodle/ terrier mix female she was having mild occasional seizures. The vet suggested exchanging her food to one without grain she stopped having the seizures she had a litter of 7 Nov 1 2017. We kept 2 females 1male. One female began having a seizure sat Eve just like her mom I thought. After an hour it was over. In 20 mins she began to shake and whimper. In five minutes she was distinguished violently then she stiffened and began to howl as if in terrible pain. The. She bent backwards And was completely out of it. I held wrapped in a towel I could barely contain her legs running wildly. I tried to reach some.e to drive us. To a 24HR vet it. Took another hour. She was screaming howling. For 20 mins. She stop ad slump for. 5 mins and start again. Needless to say those were the most violent I've ever seen. I put her to sleep. Because it took two injectins and magnetization stop. The seizures 'll told. She seized for over three hours. They couldn't tell if She had. Brain. Damage and I. Couldn't bear for her to go through. Any more my question. Is do you think. The other puppies would have to go through all that? PsWhen I came home the mother was having a seizure as well no where as bad as her daughter and it stopped after an hour and a half. I do have a vet appt tomorrow but. Want two opinions to consider. Thank you for any input
3/26/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How are the other puppies at this time? Any similar behavior from them?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No the others seem fine
Phone call session started
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse