Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

He just keeps vomiting, it's a clear liquid with foam. He is…

He just keeps vomiting...

He just keeps vomiting , it's a clear liquid with white foam.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

He is a puppy! And he constantly cheered up everything. But loves to chew on rocks

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Gus

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gus?

His gums seem ok. He vomited all last night as well.. 2 day in total

3/25/2018
Heath Wilkerson

Hi Dr. W here. I'm sorry to hear this. When vomiting continues longer than 24 hours, it's probably time to have him seen by his vet to check his electrolytes, probably take some x-rays based on his history of chewing up everything, and medications to stop the vomiting. If he's acting normally now, In the mean time you can help by offering Pedialyte for hydration and electrolyte balance and some canned pumpkin to help settle his stomach. You can also give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next 24 hours. It is a bland diet that can help while the stomach is getting back to normal.

I understand that going to the vet is necessary at this point.
I know it is hard to make a diagnosis with out seeing the puppy. I just want to rule out parvo. He seems normal in between vomiting.

If he seems normal in between vomiting it's very unlikely to be parvo! How old is he and how many sets of puppy shots did he get?

He is 4.5 months old yellow lab. We also notice he started to drool this evening.
Is that a concern?
He has had a total of 3 shots on his records

It's pretty unlikely that this is parvo with 3 vaccines and acting normal in between

Heath Wilkerson

It’s my pleasure to help you and your pet! Please remember to “ACCEPT AN ANSWER” in the top right hand corner of your screen, AND RATE OUR CONVERSATION 5-STARS (so I will receive credit for helping you). Bonuses are always welcome. (I am not compensated in any other way). If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! I’ll be online for another hour or so. Thanks and have a great night!