Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has been waking up in the middle of the night at

around 11 and 2. I...
My dog has been waking up in the middle of the night at around 11 and 2. I moved his cage so he is sleeping on a cot still in the same area, the laundry room, but he is not sleeping through the night. Does he miss being in the cage?
3/24/2018
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. I am working on your question now. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

You also have the option of our phone call services which

Some dogs do need the comfort of the crate, they see it as a den. It may be that he no longer sees the room as a den.

I might try putting the crate back in it's place and see if he sleeps better.

He may be feeling anxious since this has gone on for a bit, so maybe a calming collar or DAP diffuser would help the situation. You can find these on amazon or in a pet store.

My goal is to provide you with excellent 5 star service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service after you have all the information you need. I will greatly appreciate a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you!

You can request me at this link in the future. http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-2ndchances/

Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Thank you, ***** ***** all night.

I am glad to hear that. Sometimes even our dogs want the comfort of what they perceive as their home:)