Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog seems to have eaten 6 days worth of antibiotic -

My dog seems to...

My dog seems to have eaten 6 days worth of antibiotic - chewable. She’s 65 lbs. Not sure th ename of it. Not sure whether it’s toxic or now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate?

I just saw her chewing on the empty bottle and the tablets are nowhere to be found

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No She’s taking them for a UTI - first does yesterday

3/24/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that your dog ate the antibiotics. How long ago did it happen?

Not su
Not sure - 1-2 hours ago . It is called baytril and from looking on the web it seems that it’s not toxic even in an overdose situation .

Even at 10x's the normal dose of baytril, you should not see more than some vomiting and anorexia. If you see excessive vomiting and diarrhea, seizures, lethargy, or aggression, I would get her to the vet for treatment with activated charcoal. You can help keep her more comfortable by giving her some Pepcid to reduce any acid reflux she might be having. Her dose would be one tablet of 40 mg Pepcid every 12 hours.

Thank you !

You're welcome! Hopefully she will be just fine. If I have been helpful, I would greatly appreciate your 5-star rating. I would also be happy to continue our conversation if you have any other questions.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian