Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have 7 month old schnauzer was fine this morning then

I have 7 month...

I have 7 month old schnauzer was fine this morning then heaved up a couple table spoons white foam. I tried to get him to eat treats and came back up both times with white foam acting lethargic??

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Max 7 month old schnauzer

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Max?

7 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Max?

No usually healthy and happy ..likes to eat leaves .. just the heaving of the white foam

3/24/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your pet. I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with the heaving up white foam. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take your pet to the vet for a check up.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting/heaving up white foam. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help with GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't doing the job. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.. I have him teaspoon of proto and within 20 minutes he was his old self ..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Teaspoon pepto.
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian