Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

4 year old lap dog chiweenie is now choosing to spend time…

4 year old lap dog...
4 year old lap dog chiweenie is now choosing to spend time in his crate or on his mattress rather than on couch with his humans. About a week now
3/22/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Any trauma or known illnesses?

No to all above

Is he still eating and drinking well?

When was bloodwork last performed?

Any coughing, sneezing, discharge from the eyes, etc?

Eating and drinking fine. No coughing sneezing or discharge. Annual physical a month ago but no blood work that I recall. Just curios about payment ... to you... is it per event or per response(s)?

It's for the discussion, so long as responses on kept on this thread. We can talk back and forth as much as is necessary to obtain the information needed, without extra billing charges. I don't, unfortunately, have any access to billing info. Experts work directly with customers like yourself and we have a separate department for billing. So, if you might have questions about payments made, I'd need to direct you to them.

Since no diagnostics have been performed and he's basically only experiencing symptoms which indicate he's not quite feeling like himself, I would personally move forward with a visit and bloodwork. This might give an answer as to why you're seeing him being more aloof with the family. A great number of conditions might exist such as liver disease, kidney disease, bladder infection, joint pain, anemia, heart disease, a tick-borne illness, etc. If, in the interim, you begin seeing other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. let me know and I can give you some home instructions to help him feel better.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top-notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse