Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She seems to be bleeding very lightly 5 days after spaying…

Customer Question
She seems to be...

She seems to be bleeding very lightly 5 days after spaying and licking around her stiches

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

No I'm just worried about her

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/22/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Is the blood coming from her vagina or her incision? Do you happen to have a picture of her incision so I can get a better idea of what is going on?

It is coming from her vagina her incision isn't bleeding and she doesn't seem to be in pain. She won't let me get a picture of her incision. She is very playful and won't stop moving when I try.

Ok, thank you. Was she about to go into heat at the time you spayed her? Did the vet happen to mention if it looked like she was in early heat when you picked her up after the procedure?

I got her from the shelter. They didn't tell me anything at all about it. I took her to the vet yesterday and they said everything looked normal. Tonight she started bleeding so I am just worried.

What does her gum color look like? It could be that she is getting an infection. As long as her gum color is a nice pink color, then you can wait until tomorrow to be checked out.