Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog can’t seem to close his mouth. Lots of drool and his…

Customer Question
My dog can’t seem...

My dog can’t seem to close his mouth

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

Lots of drool and his mouth constantly open. Which is not normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is your dog's name and age?

Theo, chihuahua poodle mix, 8 months. He was normal this afternoon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Theo?

We went out and when we came back I noticed his chin was wet which was unusual. All hair around his mouth wet. But he drank water and still ate dry dog food. But I noticed he can’t seem to close his mouth. Dislocated jaw? Is that possible??

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

How long has this been an issue?

Is he still eating and drinking?

Is he apt to chew on anything like sticks or bones?

Any coughing?