Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Female Chinese Crested turned up pregnant, my male was only…

Customer Question
Female Chinese Crested turned...

Female Chinese Crested turned up pregnant, my male was only 4 months when she was in heat. He tried endlessly to breed but we just laughed.....now who’s laughing? Is it possible?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/20/2018
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 4 months ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is possible. However, the AKC will not recognize a litter produced by a male who is not at least 7 months of age when the pups are born which works out to 5 months of age at conception. Now if the application for registration is accompanied by an affidavit or evidence which shall prove that the maleis able to sire a litter to the satisfaction of The American Kennel Club. This might mean immediately getting a sperm count done by your vet or having a dna test done on him and the pups after they are born.

If you need to register the pups, then you should contact the AKC immediately and see what documentation you need to supply to register the pups.

While it isn't impossible, usually we find that the female has had access to another male during the heat cycle. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 3 months ago

Hi Again,
I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. I strive to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful. If so I hope you will take the opportunity to let me know if this was helpful to you.