Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has a double ear infection, shaky head, foul smell…

Customer Question
my dog has a double...
my dog has a double ear infection, shaky head, foul smell coming from ears, and yellowish fluid. I actually knee nothing about this ear stuff til I went yup Google and typed in what my dog is expierencing.A few months ago it seemed he went deaf over night. He didn't have any of these symptoms then. but over the last few days I noticed the fowl smell and the ozing out of his ears. in taking him to the vet on Tuesday cuz they're nit open tomorrow. I don't have much at home, but he seems to be in alot pig pain.Do you have any suggestions to give him some relief?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is Taz on any medications currently?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no he's not

Your vet is certainly going to want to prescribe medications tomorrow for his discomfort, but you can use aspirin at home to help with discomfort today. If your companion is intensely painful, ask for canine-safe NSAIDs tomorrow (like rimadyl or deramaxx) and also medication for pain, as well, like tramadol.

At home today, you can administer aspirin if no other medications are being given. Dosing info is available here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/ Be careful to select aspirin as other OTC medications like ibuprofen, naproxen and acetaminophen can be toxic in certain doses.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry but this helps me in no way. first of all I know I need to take him to the vet. I already said I was. second I wasn't asking for help on discomfort. I was asking for a home remedy

Did you see the information above on giving medication for discomfort? If so, how does this not help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
excuse me but how is aspirin a home remedy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
excuse me but how is aspirin a home remedy, and I'm sorry but like I said I wasn't asking for help with discomfort. I was asking for a remedy for his ear infection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I won't need a new specialist within 24 hrs, because I will take him to the vetwithin the next 24 hrs.

Your question reads like this: "he seems to be in alot of pain.Do you have any suggestions to give him some relief?" Which says that he's in pain and needs relief. In this case, relief can be obtained through aspirin. This will help with discomfort associated with the ear infection. Alas, ear infections can take the better part of 14-21 days to resolve so there is nothing that can be given right now that will cause a substantial resolution in the symptoms you're seeing. Your vet will need to take a sample of the exudate from the ear and determine what is causing the infection. This may be bacteria, yeast or a combination of both. Medications will then be selected based on what is found which will specifically help your companion.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that's what I kinda said at the end of my question. but I didn't agree to get an answer from you for discomfort. I was reading about home remedies when I was redirected to your sight.

You specifically asked for relief with discomfort and then that you "didn't agree to get an answer...for discomfort". I don't feel I can assist you further, so perhaps one of our other experts will care to chime in. I'll opt out now. Please wait for another response from another professional. Good luck to you and your companion.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do believe shine type of ear flush would help him substantially right now. ok anyways it says if I'm not 100 percent completely satisfied I can ask for a refund. So I would like a refund, please. thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok, again even if I did say for discomfort, shine type of ear flush would help with his discomfort. also I don't have aspirin in my house. I very rarely ever get headaches. but line I said before I was REDIRECTED to your web page, people were talking about things you can do at home to help with whatever problem you were having. They were talking about medicine from your vet and ones you could make at home yourself. Well I only had 1 of the 3 ingredients and then I wad redirected to your sight and when I started telling you what problem I was having, when it told me there was a cost to get an answer, I said I don't have allot off things at home. It stated, don't worry if your answer isn't 100 percent satisfied by you, your money is guaranteed to be returned. ok so I wad teeing to explain to your professional I wasn't satisfied with her answer, she tried pointing out that I was asking for help with discomfort. ok, so I understand that's what the last sentence says, but I clearly told her that's not the advice I was looking for. Iknow the vet will prescribe him some medication, my vet knows my dog Taz very well. He's been seeing him for yrs. So anyways my point is, you guys talk about 100 percent satisfaction.Ado then why wouldn't she just guide me the answer I was looking for?Anyways, again I would like a refund.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now honestly down at the bottom of this page out states my conversation is covered by your disclaimer.Wow! if that isn't shady. Prior to getting an answer your sight makes people feel luge your getting advice from a licensed vet, but in your disclaimer it clearly states they are not. Honesty that's so shady and just a way for you guys to get out of your"fame Claim" 100%satisfied
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse