Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have had my Cairn Terrier about 2 months. We estimate

Customer Question
I have had my...

I have had my Cairn Terrier about 2 months. We estimate she's about 2 yrs old. I had her get all her shots and be heart worm checked immediately. I realized soon after that sge was actually in heat and scheduled her to be spade, which was done 2 1/2 weeks ago. She's done some sneezing last week, but we all have because of the thick yellow pollen everywhere. Just today she was acting her normal bouncy playful self mixed with times of lying quietly near my feet, her normal. I was out for about 3 1/2 hrs this evening and had left her, my 2 much older dogs abd my old cat in the hallway and bathroom area. I left them their nornal kibble food and water and a beefy smelling treat stick like they all get nightly. When I got home, my Cairn Terrier who is usually flipping out to see me, was lying quietly looking up at me with tail thumping a little. There was white foamy phlegm all over the floor in stringy puddles. She did more phlegm vomiting shortly after and then drank some water. She has been shivering and her upper gums feel cold though the rest of her feels warm. She had gone forca walk with me before my time away and had done a very normal bm.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog
3/16/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Is she still vomiting? Are you hearing any coughing at all?