Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She just ate a small Barbie pillow. Wondering if she will be…

She just ate a...

She just ate a small Barbie pillow. Wondering if she will be ok. She is 10 weeks.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Stormie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stormie?

No she is healthy

3/15/2018
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with and kept fish over 45 years.

What size tank do you have?

Do you have filtration?

Have you checked the water parameters?

What is the Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH?

What type of test kit do you use?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is for my dog
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She swallowed a very small Barbie pillow.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is 10 weeks old
  1. I am sorry the computer gltiched and you got an information request from another questions. Let me review your information.
  2. Joan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

What Breed is she?

What is her weight?

How long ago did this happen?

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Siberian Husky
14 lbs
15 minutes ago

She could possibly pass it, but since it just happened I would like to try and get her to vomit it up. We do this by feeding a piece of bread and then give her 2 teaspoons full of #% hydrogen Peroxide to the back of the throat. Jostle her stomach and jog her around. She should vomit it within 15 mins. If it does not work the first time the peroxide can be repeasted once. Try and use a new bottle.

I will stand by. Hopefully we can get it up and not worry about passing it or a blockage.

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will let you know

She could possibly pass it, but since it just happened I would like to try and get her to vomit it up. We do this by feeding a piece of bread and then give her 2 teaspoons full of 3% hydrogen Peroxide to the back of the throat. Jostle her stomach and jog her around. She should vomit it within 15 mins. If it does not work the first time the peroxide can be repeasted once. Try and use a new bottle.

Joan

I will be standing by.

Joan

Any luck with the Vomiting? The newer the bottle of Perxide the better the chance to get it up quickly.

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m still here. I had to run to get peroxide. We are administering it now.

Great I am here.

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ha it worked. Thank you so much

You are welcome! Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. It usually does work if within 2 hours. It is wise with a puppy to always keep a bottle of Peroxide handy.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do. Thanks again

Welcome! Give her some scratches for me.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech