Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My female Frenchie has major vagina issues. She scoots (not…

Customer Question
My female Frenchie has major...
My female Frenchie has major vagina issues. She scoots (not her anal glands) leans forward to itch her lady parts. She has allergies and is on Royal Canin- Ultamino. She takes Apoquel (2x day). Whenever she gets excited (playing) it makes her scoot (weird, i know). I often hold her like a baby and let her “air out” which helps, but right now she is a fire engine red mess! I decided to put a dab of terbinafine hydrochloridei (i anti fungal cream) on just one spot to see if it helped and a few hours later, that area looked SO much better. The vet mentioned cleaning with water and drying properly-which I have always done. I’ve been afraid of putting any creams on her, but she was miserable today and I figured it was worth a shot. The vet also mentioned there was a (very painful) surgery. She’s our empty nest baby, I do NOT want to put her through that!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/14/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?