Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Urinating blood

Customer Question
Urinating blood
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
3/12/2018
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What questions can I address for you today?

How can I tell if he has bladder stones or if it is really a tumor. He drinks a so much,eats good. Urinates a lot. Had only lost 2 pounds in 5 months.

It appears your payment is failing when you are requesting a call.

Has your vet performed any x-rays thus far? Has an ultrasound been performed on the bladder?

My parent has not failed, it has been taken out 5 times u guys owe me money a refund

I'll be happy to contact customer service for you so they can get the billing concern straightened out. This will lock our thread and I will be unable to respond until it's handled.

Ultra sound has been done says it looks like a tumor but he makes normal n it's been 4 months i paid the $14 . Can I get an answer to my question
Sorry voice recognition. Vet says bladder tumor on ultra sound. He acts normal, it's been 4 months. He just drinks alot, now urinating blood, stops for a day or two then comes back. He has only lost 2 pounds in that time n does not cry with pain. Wondering if begins wrong n it's bladder stones
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'll follow up for PitRottMommy for you. Have X-rays taken of the bladder. Ultrasound can be misleading when it comes to stones. Stones are usually radioopaque and show up as white objects inside the bladder. Tumor shouldn't look white unless it calcified.

I have to leave my computer for most of the day but promise to reply as soon as I return if need be. I'm in the Pacific time zone.