Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She has a pretty large lump right above her tail. Bone that…

Customer Question
She has a pretty...

She has a pretty large lump right above her tail

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Bone that I’ve never noticed before. It moves around feels like a lymph node

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Bria she is 5

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/12/2018
Dog Specialist: Dr Linda, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns today.

Is the lump at the junction where the tail meets the body? Does it seem to bother her at all, feel warm, & does she seem to be acting/eating normally?

Thank you.

that’s where it is like a lymph node almost walnut size maybe a little smaller. She’s acting completely normal eating normal and it doesn’t seem to bother her
She may be eating a bit less as we were staying at s friends out of town sharing their dog food so maybe not eating as much since it was new and different dog food but she seems fine
Is she’s okay? I’m so worrried she’s my whole world
Hello?
Hello
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'll follow up for Dr. Linda for you. Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.