Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My vet put my dog on derm ear medication

(miconazole,dexamethasone sp enrofloxacin) is it...
my vet put my dog on derm ear medication (miconazole,dexamethasone sp enrofloxacin) is it ok to give his galiprandt and duralaction supplement with this medicine and would it make him pant more than normal
just kinda worried about him while he was examining him he found a hard knot on side of his chin
3/11/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. It is ok to give the Galiprant and Duralaction with the ear medication he was prescribed. It should not make him pant more.

he has been panting more than normal could it be allergies or the knot on side of his chin

Has his ears really been bothering him quite a bit? That can definitely cause the panting.

the vet took xray and he said he was not 100 percent sure but it could be tumor wants to send him to oncolog
he skakes his head some and ear is dry and red

Ok, I think getting more information on the knot would definitely be a good idea. I think the panting is most likely due to his ears from what you're describing.

ok thanks

My pleasure, let me know if you have any other questions.

When we see blood in the stool and diarrhea this is a sign of inflammation in the large intestines (colon). This can be caused by many different medical conditions. I will not be able to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination and some testing, I am sorry. But, common causes are dietary indiscretion, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, parasites, or even part of a systemic disease to name a few causes.

In this case, I would recommend a hands-on examination with your family veterinarian and a fecal analysis as an initial screening test. In the meantime, this is what you can do:

You can give Metamucil which is a fiber supplement that can help firm up the stool. I would feed boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help when they are having GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help with appetite if the chicken and rice isn't appetizing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about Duke. How is everything going?

Dr. Schmidt