Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My pitbull has mated from Tuesday and his penis is still…

Customer Question
Hi my pitbull has...

Hi my pitbull has mated from Tuesday and his penis is still hanging out. It looks swollen but he doesn't seem to be in pain and he's still trying mate.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** will be 2yrs in June of this year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Power?

I just want to know if it's normal that his penis be out that long? Can it get infected?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
3/10/2018
Dog Specialist: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Power's penis is still out of the sheath since attempting to mate 3 days ago. Is that a correct summary of the situation?